About Our Barramundi Fishing Charters
With a maximum of 5 guests aboard our highspeed Stabicraft, we travel up to 100km on the bluewater from Darwin to some of the most productive, remote coastal creeks in the Northern Territory to target the elusive Saltwater Barramundi. Our highly experienced local fishing guides, tailor each Barramundi fishing trip to suit the tides, weather conditions and time of year to ensure we produce the best results for our guests.
Your day will begin with a meet and greet at the launch location in Darwin at about 6.30am, followed by a safety briefing and an outline of the plan for the day. We will then travel in our vessel to some of the best, remote Barra fishing destinations in the NT. You will be served a light breakfast along the way.
Depending on the time of year, tides and weather, we may tow our vessel to launch at another boat ramp outside of Darwin. If this is the case, we will pick you up from your accommodation in our 4×4 and return you at the end of the day.
Upon arrival at your first destination, your guide will provide you with all the tutoring and assistance required, so you can master the various techniques. Your day may include a combination of casting, trolling and live baiting as outlined below. Plenty of snacks, cool drinks and lunch are available to keep your energy and hydration up through out the day.
A unique aspect of our Barra fishing tours is the capacity to incorporate some reef and sport fishing on the way to or from the coastal creeks or if the tides are suitable.
You are of course welcome to keep or release the fish you catch. Many guests like to keep their catch and take it home with them. If so, we will ofcourse fillet, clean and bag your fish to take home. Please note our team adheres strictly to Northern Territory fishing regulations and bag limits.
Individual Rate/Shared Charter – $495 per person
Private Charter Rate – $2350 for up to 5 guests
Please note our Saltwater Barramundi Fishing Charters are only available between September and May.
If your preferred date is unavailable on our live booking system, please join the waiting. We are receiving many more cancellations and rescheduling’s because of COVID. You may also contact us to discuss. We may still be able to accommodate your booking or we will likely have availability on another charter eg. Reef & Sport, Billfish.
- Experienced fishing guide/skipper
- High-quality Shimano fishing equipment
- Light breakfast, lunch and/or dinner depending on the time of the charter
- Plenty of snacks, cool water and soft drinks
- No additional costs for lost lures and jigs!
- After your charter, our team will fillet clean and bag your catch and provide you with ice for you to take your catch home
- For a small additional fee of $30, our team will freeze your fillets at our base and pack into an airline approved seafood box, for you to fly/transfer your fish back to your home state.
- Casting lures and soft plastics
- Live baiting
- Trolling hard body lures
- Saltwater Barramundi
- Threadfin Salmon
- Reef and sport fishing on the way to or from the coastal creeks is available upon request, if tides are suitable
- Dropping the pots for Mud Crabs in the morning and retrieving in the evening is available upon request, only if tides are suitable
What To Bring
- Polarised sunglasses
- Change of clothes if fishing in the Wet Season
- Alcohol is BYO
*Please note sunscreen, bug spray and water bottles are provided
‘Best charter I have been on in 30 years of fishing. Thanks for a great day guys!’
John McCormick, Cairns